See some of the different and inspiring ways people like you have raised money to support us.
You are here
Local fundraising groups
From coffee mornings and car boot sales to quiz nights and murder mysteries, being part of a group makes fundraising really fun. Get together with friends, family or colleagues and form a fundraising group in your community, or join one of our existing groups and help us beat cancer sooner.
As the local face of Cancer Research UK, our fundraising groups are crucial to our progress – last year they raised an incredible £9.72 million.
Join an existing fundraising group
If you would like to know more about an existing group in your area, contact us on 08701 60 20 40.
Form your own fundraising group
Do you have a great idea about how to raise money and help us beat cancer sooner? Why not set up a fundraising group in your local area? We'll supoort you every step of the way. Set up your own fundraising group and help us save even more lives.
How we’ll support you
You’ll receive lots of advice and support from your local Cancer Research UK contact, including:
- materials such as banners and balloons
- advice on how to set up a variety of fundraising events
- help with planning a calendar of events
- practical advice about licences for street collections and larger raffles
- advice on promoting your events in your community
- information on setting up a bank account
- the opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives.
Looking for inspiration?
Read about the different and exciting ways that groups and individuals, have come together to help beat cancer on our success stories page.